Thursday, December 18, 2014

Me Tarzan, You Jane by Camelia Miron Skiba

Moving on doesn’t always have to mean goodbye.

Widowed makeup artist Jane Sullivan is more comfortable keeping her husband's memory alive than dating a pool full of sharks. Ella, her 4 year-old daughter, is her whole world.

When Jane meets Lucas Oliver, famous cover model, it’s hate at first sight. His playboy persona rubs her the wrong way.

Accustomed to every woman fawning over him, Lucas is drawn to the shy, uncompromising single mom and completely melts at the sight of Ella. He is determined to convince Jane that sometimes a second chance can mend a broken heart.

It took me a little while to get into this book.  It started off shaky with a whole bunch of stuff that I don't really love in my "clean" books.  I almost put it down but decided to give it another chapter or two to see if things settled down or kept up.

When Jane and Lucas finally become more isolated as characters in the book and we start to get to know them more individually, I enjoyed the book a lot more.  The growing friendship and romance was good.  I think the book is well written and it kept my attention.  

I wouldn't classify this book as "clean" though.  Even though there are no descriptive sex scenes, there is plenty of sexual talk, innuendo, and sex behind closed doors.  Alcohol and drinking are prominent in this book, and in most situations lead to unhealthy places (not knowing who you slept with, ER, etc.).  There is also swearing and profanity.  So, this book crossed the "clean" line for me.  If those things don't bother you, you will probably really enjoy this book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.