Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Brush With Love: A January Wedding Story by Rachel Hauck

They've helped orchestrate the perfect day for countless couples. Now twelve new couples will find themselves in the wedding spotlight in the second Year of Weddings novella collection.

Ginger Winters is a gifted hairstylist with scars no one can see. The last thing she expects from the New Year is a new chance at love.

Overcoming a childhood tragedy, Ginger emerges from the pain and trauma with a gift for bringing out the beauty in others. From the top big city salons to traveling the world as personal stylist to a country music sensation, success was almost enough to make Ginger forget she would never be one of the beautiful people.  But she needs her confidence this weekend. She’s the acclaimed “beauty-maker” for the Alabama society wedding of the decade.

When high-school crush Tom Wells Jr. also returns to town and shows up at her shop looking for a haircut, Ginger’s thinly veiled insecurities threaten to keep her locked away from love, Despite Tom’s best efforts, Ginger can’t forget how he disappeared on her twelve years ago and broke her heart. Can she ever trust him again?

When Tom challenges her to see her own beauty, Ginger must decide if she will remained chained to the past or move freely into a new, exciting future.

 * Amazon * Goodreads *

I'm really hoping I can catch all the books in this new novella collection by Zondervan.  Last year I started in too late in the year to catch up and read all of them but this year I have hope.  

Isn't the cover pretty for this book?  It represents what lies within so well too.  I really love when covers represent the book and aren't just generic.  The added bonus to this first book for me is that Rachel Hauck wrote it.  I haven't read a Rachel Hauck book I haven't liked yet.  

You just have to love Ginger.  She is both strong and insecure.  She feels real and human and her struggles and insecurities help me relate to her character.  Ginger sure knows how to hold onto a grudge though.  Especially against poor Tom.  He's trying his best to make wrongs right but Ginger just cannot let things go.  It's those darn insecurities holding her back unnecessarily.  And Fear.  It was good stuff watching both characters work through things.

I really enjoyed this book and I'm looking forward to more to come from this series.  This books are clean Christian fiction.  I like knowing I'm not going to get any surprises in the way of language or sexual content.  These books are short, novella length.  That means I can breeze through them quickly and I can get my romantic fix just like that.  :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.