Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith


On the night before they leave for college, Clare and Aidan only have one thing left to do: figure out whether they should stay together or break up. Over the course of twelve hours, they'll retrace the steps of their relationship, trying to find something in their past that might help them decide what their future should be. The night will lead them to friends and family, familiar landmarks and unexpected places, hard truths and surprising revelations. But as the clock winds down and morning approaches, so does their inevitable goodbye. The question is, will it be goodbye for now or goodbye forever?

 * Goodreads * Amazon *

I was so excited to get a review copy of this book.  I have loved Jennifer Smith's books and I am always on the lookout for her newest book to show up.  The cover is cute, right?  I love the pop of pink on this one and I love how all her books look similar and have a continuity to them.

So, I'm going to say right off that I was titch disappointed in a couple things in this book. First, the sex between two teenagers.  Not described, but obviously there.  Second, the under-aged drinking.  I just didn't think either of those things needed to be in there to make the story real or good.

 The main characters are just graduating high school and heading off to college.  He wants to stay together, she insists that they should break up.  Clare has planned the whole night before they leave to go through memories that she and Aidan share.  I loved that idea.  And man, you won't believe what they can fit into one night.  It's like living weeks in one twelve hour period.  With each place or event, we get another piece that is Clare and Aidan- their history and their love.  The story involves family issues as well as friends and seriously, it really felt like I lived a lifetime with these two characters in what was supposed to be 12 hours.  I thought the whole idea was fun and romantic.  I loved how the story came together.  I felt like I was on a journey and I couldn't help but be caught up.

This wasn't my favorite book from Jennifer Smith.  It was a solid story, but just not my favorite from her.  I will be on the lookout for the next book because when all is said and done, Jennifer Smith has a writing style that is uniquely her and I love that.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.