Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Love is Come (Power of the Matchmaker) by Heather B. Moore

“I have to remind myself to breathe—almost to remind my heart to beat.” —Wuthering Heights

From the Power of the Matchmaker series:

Nelle Thompson lives a life of privilege during the turn of the century New York City. When her parents are killed in a terrible accident, she’s forced to live with her aunt’s family in a small town in Connecticut, and treated as a poor relation with no financial independence. Broken hearted and riddled with insomnia, Nelle’s health begins a downward spiral. When a locked part of her heart blossoms around her cousin’s fiancé Mathew Janson, Nelle doesn’t know if she can endure one more heartbreak. Miss Pearl, owner of the local apothecary shop, becomes a mother figure to Nelle, but a fateful summer day has Nelle questioning everything she's ever believed and wondering if she’ll ever love again.

 * Goodreads * Amazon *

I simply love this Power of the Matchmaker series.  Every month I get a new novel, by a different author, with one minor character as a common thread.  It's so fun.  Each novel can stand on it's own and is not dependent on the others.  The only thing you may want to read is the prequel novel, Power of the Matchmaker because it gives you the background on Pearl who is the common thread to all these novels.

I loved this book, Love is Come.  It was so gentle and it brought all kinds of feelings to my heart.  I just finished a book before this that was more aggressive and violent and so in contrast, this book felt so good.  I settled in right away and enjoyed the whole journey to love with Nelle.

Nelle is so sweet and kind.  I was drawn to her and I always wanted good things for her.  Even when her own heart is hurting, Nelle is kind.  That is a trait I find so admirable in people and something I wish to have more of myself.

This is a feel good book.  I could see it being a Hallmark movie!  I really enjoyed my time spent in the world of Nelle.

Content:  Clean 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, Aimee! So glad you enjoyed Nelle's story :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds really interesting. Thanks for the review. I'll add it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.