Thursday, October 27, 2016

Death Thieves by Julie Wright


You're dead, Summer Dawn Rae.

When Summer Rae is stolen from the moment of her own death and taken to a future where mankind is dying, it is with the hope that she, and other teenagers like her, can save it. But after only a short time in the future, Summer discovers a darker side to the altruistic reasons behind her abduction. She is determined to fulfill her purpose in a world gone literally mad, but can an ordinary girl save a whole world when she only cares about saving one person?


The concept for this book is so interesting.  It's sort of a mashup of time travel and dystopian with a light smattering of romance thrown in.  Actually, the romance is more of an underlying current for most of the book.  I voted for this book in the kindle scout program because I have read other books by Julie Wright and was really looking forward to reading a book in this genre by her.  I do believe this is her first step into this genre.  I got an advance copy of this book when it won and I'm sorry it's taken me this long to get around to reading it!  It always feels refreshing to step outside my usual go-to genre to read books like this that I also enjoy.

The book started off a bit slow for me but it picks up and the pacing becomes a bit faster.  Maybe it was just that the story really needed Tag.  Once he came into the story, everything seemed a bit better.  Summer is smart and has spunk but she is also pretty selfish in the beginning.  It was hard to really like her.  When she starts thinking past just herself, Summer becomes more likable to me as a character.  I kind of wish I could have seen more of this story from Tag's point of view.  I felt like I was missing out on knowing him better.

It would appear that this book is a stand alone, which is really unusual for this genre.  I was actually glad to have resolution at the end.  Sometimes it's just a relief to have a book come to a conclusion and not have to wait what seems like forever to have the next book.  :)

Content:  Some mild violence

- I received a copy of this book through the Kindle Scout program.  All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.