Thursday, October 20, 2016

For This We Are Soldiers: Tales of the Frontier Army by Carla Kelly


From master storyteller Carla Kelly comes this collection of frontier tales that take you behind typical army lines and into the hearts of ordinary men and women who perform extraordinary acts of bravery. From handsome hospital stewards and dashing soldiers to courageous children and wives who will pull at your heartstrings, there’s something for everyone’s fancy.

 * Goodreads * Amazon

I always enjoy books by Carla Kelly.  This book was a bit different than her usual stand alone novel in that it contained a collection of short stories.  All the stories revolve around people of the army of the frontier.  One thing I love about Carla Kelly is that her books always feel authentic to the time and place she is writing about.  She maintains a fantastic balance of grit and gentleness that resonates with me as a reader.

Each story in this book has something in it that will tug at your heart.  Life in the army isn't an easy one and these stories bring that to the front but they also show that love and compassion thrived there too.  

Historical fiction like this is one of my favorite genres because it reminds me how much I have to be grateful for and how many people have gone before me to make that possible.  If you love historical fiction and especially those set in the western frontier, you should give this book a try.  

Content:  Clean

--I received this book from the publisher. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.