Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Courting Carrie in Wonderland by Carla Kelly


Struggling through college and balancing her summer job in Yellowstone Park with the Wylie Camping Company, Carrie McKay simply doesn't have time to consider romance. Spanish American War Veteran Sergeant Major Ramsay Stiles also isn't looking for love, busy with his own complicated affairs. But as the magic of Yellowstone starts making its way into their hearts, both begin to see love move up their priority list.


In honor of full disclosure, this book started out really slowly for me.  It took a good while for me to become fully invested and interested, but by about half way through, I couldn't put it down.  This book is written in true Carla Kelly form and if you've ever read anything by her, you will know what I am saying.  She has a writing style that is distinctly hers.  I can always expect well researched settings that bring surroundings and characters to life and no nonsense personalities in characters.

This book is set in Yellowstone National Park.  I'm so glad I've been there so I could easily visualize the places that were described and talked about.  Yellowstone is a beautiful place and this book really showcased it's history.  

Ramsay and Carrie and great characters who both have pasts that haunt them but in different ways.  They are both generous and kind with a strong moral sense.  They cannot let injustices in any way go by without acting.  They are both upstanding individuals who I would be happy to have as friends in this real life.  This love story was gentle and sweet.  Ramsay and Carrie are perfectly suited for each other.  There was really no resistance where their love was concerned and that was awesome.

Very enjoyable!

Content:  clean

- I received a copy of this book from the publisher.  A positive review was not required and all opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.