Friday, June 2, 2017

Before It's Love by Michelle Pennington


"Just Friends" was harder than they thought.

Moving to Arkansas is hard for Lauren, but it’s worth it to be near her boyfriend and pursue her art degree. That is, until she meets Jake, the guy her roommate is in love with. Now she’s stuck on a merry-go-round of love triangles, and someone is going to get hurt.

Jake is focused on juggling his two careers and taking care of his feisty grandma. The last thing he needs is a serious relationship, so when Lauren moves in, it's okay that she's dating someone else. Until being her friend is no longer enough.

 * Goodreads * Amazon *

Wow, talk about love triangles!  I think there are at least three in this book.  Yup, you heard me right.  Three.  It's called first year of college, roommates and relationships.  One roommate loves your current boyfriend and used to date him, another roommate loves the boy who is crushing on you.  Two boys love you.  It's just a big dramatic mess!  

Lauren is just starting out at college away from home and with people she doesn't know.  She really wants to make it work and has a good attitude going into it.  I think Lauren is the kind of friend I would have liked to have in college.  And even though the love triangle thing sounds messy (and it is) there is more to this book, and Lauren, than that.  Lauren is learning about herself and her art.  She is kind and respectful.  I really liked Lauren.

I think this is a fun book- sweet, clean and perfect for the YA crowd.  

Content:  clean, some kissing

- I received a copy of this book from the author.  A positive review was not required and all opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun book! I'll have to add it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete

We bloggers live for comments! So, feel free to comment away! Thanks for dropping by.